Please drop us a line if you have difficulties accessing any of the content mentioned below!
- van Bemmelen RSA, Y Kolbeinsson, R Ramos, O Gilg, M Smith, JA Alves, H Schekkerman, A Lehikoinen, IK Petersen, B Þórisson, AA Sokolov, K Välimäki, T van der Meer, JD Okill, M Bolton, B Moe, SA Hanssen, L Bollache, A Petersen, S Thorstensen, J González-Solís, RHG Klaassen & I Tulp (2019). A migratory divide among red-necked phalaropes in the Western Palearctic reveals contrasting migration and wintering movement strategies. Frontiers in Ecology & Evolution. [link]
- Machin, P (2018) A golden life. Ecology of breeding waders in low Lapland. PhD thesis, University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
- van Bemmelen R, RH Clarke, P Pyle & CJ Camphuysen (2018) Timing and duration of primary molt in northern hemisphere skuas and jaegers. The Auk 135(4):1043-1054.
- Machin P, Fernández-Elipe J & RHG Klaassen (2018) The relative importance of food abundance and weather on the growth of a sub-arctic shorebird chick. Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology
- Machin P, Fernández-Elipe J, Flinks H, Laso M, Aguirre J.I. & RHG Klaassen (2017) Habitat selection, diet and food availability of European Golden Plover Pluvialis apricaria chicks in Swedish Lapland. Ibis
- van Bemmelen, Moe B, Hanssen SA, Schmidt NM, Hansen J, Lang J, Sittler B, Bollache L, Tulp I, Klaassen R & O Gilg (2017) Flexibility in otherwise consistent non-breeding movements of a long-distance migratory seabird, the long-tailed skua. Marine Ecology Progress Series
- van Bemmelen RSA, Hungar J, Tulp I & RHG Klaassen (2016) First geolocator tracks of Swedish red-necked phalaropes reveal the Scandinavia-Arabian Sea connection. Journal of Avian Biology 47(3): 295-303
- Machin P, J Fernandez-Elipe, M Flores, JW Fox, JI Aguirre & RHG Klaassen (2015) Individual migration patterns of Eurasian golden plovers Pluvialis apricaria breeding in Swedish Lapland; examples of cold spell-induced winter movements. Journal of Avian Biology 46(6): 634-642
- van Bemmelen RSA (2015). Retained barred feathers in adult-summer Long-tailed Jaeger. Dutch Birding 37(2): 92-94.
- van Bemmelen R (2010) Immature Long-tailed Skuas Stercorarius longicaudus in Swedish Lapland in 2009. Ornis Svecica 20: 81–86
- Green M, Hungar J & Rankin R (2009) Is the breeding distribution of Broad-billed Sandpipers Limicola falcinellus moving up- hill? Ornis Svecica 19: 244-246
- Machín P, Fdez-Elipe J (2012) The role of snow after a Lemming peak year in Lapland Winner of the first prize in the IWSG conference 2012!!
- van Bemmelen, Rob, Børge Moe, Sveinn Are Hanssen, Niels Schmidt & Olivier Gilg (2015) High individual consistency in migration trajectories of Long-tailed Skuas. Netherlands Annual Ecology Meeting 2015, 10-11 February 2015.
- van Bemmelen R, Moe B, Hansen SA, Schmidt N & O Gilg (2015) Repeatability of migration routes and timing in a long-distance migratory seabird, the Long-tailed Skua Stercorarius longicaudus. World Seabird Conference II, 26-30 October, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Y Kolbeinsson, R van Bemmelen, Æ Petersen, J Alves, D Okill, A Lehikoinen, I Petersen, S Thorstensen, R Ramos, Ja González-Solís (2015) Unravelling the migration and wintering grounds of Red-necked Phalaropes Phalaropus lobatus nesting across the Western Palearctic. World Seabird Conference II, 26-30 October, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Hanssen SA, R van Bemmelen, O Chastel, D Herzke, JO Bustnes , E Skottene, A Fenstad, A Ask, GW Gabrielsen & B Moe (2015) Arctic Skua migration: linking individual consistency, migratory connectivity and contaminant loads. World Seabird Conference II, 26-30 October, Cape Town, South Africa.